Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Drum roll...And the nominee is...

Yesterday, the delegates from all fifty states cast their vote for the 2012 Republican Presidential nominee, thus, making Governor Mitt Romney the official GOP Presidential candidate. Tomorrow night, he will officially accept the nomination.

It is interesting looking at back at the Republican presidential race just a year ago. Multiple candidates were each claiming why they were the best choice over their fellow competitor, and the best choice for defeating President Obama. And yes, I was very vocal about my opinion regarding each candidate and I still stand behind what I wrote. Last night Greta Van Susten, interviewing Governor Rick Perry, asked him how the candidates after the fierce "mud-slinging" between one another could now unite together. I believe Governor Perry explained it the most clearly. The candidates are like a sports team, they are competitors. In the end, there can only be one quarterback, but multiply supporting players. Individuals may have favorite players, but in the end they all root for the same team. That team is the Republican party. It is a well known fact that my favorite sports player is Derek Jeter. And I will root harder and louder for him then any other Yankee player. However, I will always cheer on the Yankees as a team above any other sports team. That is the same in politics, I had my favorite candidates that I wish had been able to win the nomination, but they did not, and so I support the nominee because I am behind the Republican party.

I have been impressed watching Governor Romney grow and mature as the presidential candidate over the last year. Today I proudly proclaim I can and will support Governor Romney both as the "player" as well as the "team." I look forward to hearing his speech Thursday night, and Lord willing, his inaugural speech January 20th, 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment