Monday, August 15, 2011

Exit Pawlenty...

Well, as one candidate enters the presidential race and gets his campaign going, another one quits. Tim Pawlenty announced that he was ending his bid for the White House today after finished third in the Iowa Straw Poll on Saturday.  I cannot say that I am sorry to see Tim Pawlenty go, however, I do feel sorry for him after all the time and money he has invested, for it to come to a close so soon.  I feel his duel with Michele Bachmann in the debate early this week hurt him a lot.

I wish him the best as he moves forward from this.

4 comments:

  1. I agree his exchanges with Bachmann did not help him. I am disappointed to see him go, as I do have to say, I have followed his career for several years and really liked him. With him out though, I am leaning towards supporting Perry. I think pulling out after the straw poll is an interesting move still, and I'm not sure I understand it. But I still wish him the best and hope he finds a place where he will be happy and can make a good difference for America as I know he has a lot of good policies and beliefs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday I was talking with an old friend from Minnesota and it was interesting hearing her perspective on Bachmann and Pawlenty. It gave me more appreciation for Pawlenty and less for Bachmann. I feel like her rhetoric is starting to sound repetitive and the crowds are not spontaneously revved up by her like they are with Perry or Palin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with that. I think Bachmann is still a bit inexperienced, but yet she still have potential, in my mind. I personally think that Bachmann would make a fairly good VP candidate, but not a good presidential candidate. I am wondering what a Perry-Bachmann ticket would do? I am thinking that might actually be a good fit. Time will tell though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've thought about the same thing too. We'll have to wait and see. :)

    ReplyDelete