Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July - My America!

For anyone who knows me, it will come as no surprise that my favorite day of the year and favorite holiday is July 4th. I wish it encompassed a whole season like Christmas! It comes and goes way to fast each year, but while the calender says July 4, I try and make the most of it. A friend commented that we are the greatest nation on earth and no other country celebrates their independence like we do. This is my America through my eyes and camera. Enjoy...


Of course I had to dress the part...

...including my nails!




Our neighborhood with flags flying

Small town America - Monument, Colorado


The day started with a parade


Soldiers from Ft. Carson -
Everyone in attendance was clapping and cheering for them.



It couldn't be complete without cowgirls...


...or tractors...


...or firetrucks.


One of my friends who was part of the parade




My wonderful Dad who went with me...

...And my wonderful Mom who prepared our picnic while we were gone.





Watermelon, coleslaw, hamburger, chips...


...freshly made Strawberry Lemonade...

...followed by Apple Pie!




The day concluded with a concert and fireworks at the
United States Air Force Academy

 

Another friend who was working concessions


"Old Glory"
These colors don't run thanks to our men and women in the Armed Forces





The beautiful sky


The United States Air Force Academy Band


accompanied by live canons for the 1812 Overture

The evening concluded with my favorite part of the day...

FIREWORKS!!!










America at her best and why I am PROUD to be an American!

2 comments:

  1. Love it, love it, love it. Next year I am planning to come to CS to celebrate the 4th of July week with you. I love your patriotism!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was fun to read! Katie, I'm glad you had such a great day celebrating the gift of the freedoms that have been won for us. May America continue to have freedom as we live in light of the freedom we have to know the Lord and walk with Him.

    ReplyDelete