Monday, July 4, 2011

America

Recently I was visiting with some friends from Australia and as they were asking me questions about our country, I began to think about different things that are uniquely American. These are the items that I came up with that describe and are identified with the United States of America.
  • Independence Day - What other nation celebrates it like we do?
  • Hamburgers and Hot Dogs
  • Apple Pie
  • Lemonade
  • Watermelon
  • Picnics
  • America's "pastime" game - Baseball
  • Football
  • "Old Glory" - I have traveled to other countries and they do not fly or wear their flags like Americans
  • Country Music
  • "Down home" - Rural areas reminiscent of an by-gone era
  • Love of our history and roots
  • Independence and pride - it is what makes us strong
  • National monuments to remember those who have sacrificed whether through public service or life
  • Cowboys
  • Guns
  • Wide open spaces
This list could go on and on, but these are just a few of the things that I identify with the greatest country on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment