Friday, July 22, 2011

Cut, Cap, and Balance

The Cut, Cap, and Balance bill is headed to the Senate in the morning to be voted on, well, actually to be voted on whether to debate it and then vote to pass it. I know I wrote earlier this week about what I felt was wrong with it. I have not changed my overall opinion of it, there are errors in it; it could be a lot stronger on certain things. However, I believe it also needs be passed. Right now it is the best plan out there and I don't think a better one will come along, at least in the near future.

This is why every single one of you needs to CALL your senators and tell them YES, vote YES!!! The senate is voting tomorrow morning at 10:30 EST, so call early.

You can find your senator at http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

Please call and tell your senators yes.

6 comments:

  1. It won't pass the Senate. McConnell knew this, so he let Boehner and house pass it, but it'll die in the Senate and they'll either push McConnell's plan or the Gang of 6' plan and the Republicans will, as always, take on the defeated "We tried but couldn't succeed." If they actually held to their guts they COULD pass the Cut, Cap, and Balance through the Senate because otherwise there would be no solution. I highly doubt this will happen though. I pray I am wrong, but I am doubtful. :(

    You are right that CC&B has many flaws, but it is better than anything else we have right now. I am curious to see what happens. I'm not too hopeful, but perhaps I have just become too pessimistic the last 5 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sar, I agree with your thoughts behind the bill and what the senators are attempting to do. What I don't believe most people get, and this is why I wrote the post last night, is that Americans, themselves still have way more control over what goes on in Washington then they realize. Most everyone knows that politicians (especially Democrats) are for the most part in it for themselves, glory, fame, and reelection. Now if every constituent called their senators and said vote for this bill or we are not going to reelect, I bet you they would vote for the bill. The Democrats care more about reelection then their beliefs or standing for something, thus, they'd gave and give in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That I agree with... Being this close to election season, Democrats are freaked out about what is going to happen. I am curious to see what happens now. Four votes shy of 50...the Republicans should force a slight amendment and revote on it because that's actually MUCH closer than I expected it to be. Let's see if they hold to it. Hopefully people do start calling again and maybe, just maybe, it'll go through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that it was closer then I expected too. 51-46. Three people did not vote. I have not looked up the exact votes but my guess is that the 51 were all Democrats and I bet there are a few moderate Democrats would could have been swayed over to vote for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a good blog, Katie! Thank you for doing this :)

    May GOD bless America,

    Amy Christina Claar

    ReplyDelete