Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Rodeo - My America!

Last Saturday night I went to the Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo here in Colorado Springs. It was a blast. There is nothing quite like the thrill of cowboys on bulls and bucking broncos, watching as they hold on with every ounce they can muster just to stay on top of their ride for a fraction of a second longer then everyone else. The skill involved in roping and cutting steers is amazing. My favorite event though is the barrel racing. I love watching the cowgirls with their long, curly hair waving under their cowboy hat and glitzy accessories flashing as they fly on their horse around the arena and barrels.

This is another part of my America that I love and I don't believe that any country can match. Now rodeos are for fun, more of sport, but the skills they demonstrate were a crucial essential to survival on the western frontier.

Enjoy snapshots of the rodeo through my eyes (compliments of my camera lens)...



























1 comment:

  1. Oh how fun! That looks like a blast! Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete